The following is a list of tasks and assignments that you must complete before the beginning of the third week of classes, on Tuesday, Jan. 21.
Before 5 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 17:
- Read your classmates’ questions about the course and syllabus and my responses in the “Syllabus and course site questions” forum. Add any additional questions you might have.
- Complete the readings listed on the schedule for Jan. 13-17 and
- post your response to the prompt for Week 2 on the “Week 2″ topic in the “Weekly Discussion” forum. (I will usually refer to this particular forum as the “discussion forum.”).
Before 9 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 21:
- Create an account at WordPress.com for your personal website (you do not need to install your own version of WordPress; see my comment here) then
- If you do not already have one, create a Google Drive account and
- create a folder (I will often refer to these folders as your course folders) for your 303 course work,
- title the folder using the format ENGL303-SP14-Lastname (for example, a student named Zaphod Beeblebrox would have folder titled ENGL303-SP14-Beeblebrox), and
- share that folder (not individual documents, the entire folder) with jmj5805 [at] gmail [dot] com. Information about sharing on Google Drive can be found here. The folder’s “visibility settings” should be set to “private,” and, when you share it with me, my “access level” should be “editor.”
- Once you have successfully created the folder and shared it with me, you can turn in documents by
- If you do not already have one, create a Google+ account and add me to one of your circles.
- Look for my email with the schedule for forum discussion leaders (DLs); the scheduled DL should add his or her initial topic post, titled “Week 3,” to the “Weekly Discussion” forum. (Update, 1/9: if you would like to request to be a DL for a particular week, post your request to this thread on the forum.)