The following is a list of tasks that you must complete before the beginning of the second week of classes, on Monday, Jan. 13.
Before 9 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 13:
- Register for an account on this site so you can access the forums. I will have to give you permission to post to the course forums, so when you register, be sure to use your real name somewhere in your profile so I know it is you, and be sure to register early so you will have time to add your first post to the forum.
- After you have read through the course syllabus—the course description and requirements, policies, assignments, and schedule—post at least one question that you have about the syllabus or the course itself as a topic to the “Syllabus and course site questions” forum.
- You may ask as many questions as you like, but please do not duplicate questions. If someone has already asked the question you have, ask a different one.
- Purchase all the required course texts. (If you will not be able to meet this requirement before this deadline, please contact me prior to this deadline to discuss this issue. You should only buy Blown to Bits if you want to own a physical copy. The book is available as a free download here.)
- Scan the other course requirements. If you will not be able to meet any of them, please contact me prior to this deadline to discuss the issue.
- Complete the readings listed on the schedule for Jan. 8-10.