Tasks to complete during the first week of class
|August 19, 2013||Posted by johnmjones under Uncategorized|
The following is a list of tasks and assignments that you must complete during the first week of class:
Before Thursday, August 22
- Create a Twitter account that contains your real name somewhere in the username or profile and
- make it public,
- post a message containing the course hashtag #PWE303, and
- follow myself and all other members of the course.
- You will then regularly monitor the messages using the course hashtag.
Before Tuesday, August 27:
- Create a Google Drive account and
- create a folder (I will often refer to these folders as your course folders) for your 303 course work,
- title the folder using the format ENGL303-FA13-Lastname (for example, a student named Zaphod Beeblebrox would have folder titled ENGL303-FA13-Beeblebrox), and
- share that folder (not individual documents, the entire folder) with jmj5805 [at] gmail [dot] com. Information about sharing can be found here. The folder’s “visibility settings” should be set to “private,” and, when you share it with me, my “access level” should be “editor.”
- Once you have successfully created the folder and shared it with me, you can turn in documents by
- Purchase all required course texts and download required software. During class on Tuesday, August 27, be prepared to demonstrate that you have met this requirement either by bringing these texts to class or accessing them there. If you will not be able to meet this requirement before this deadline, please contact me prior to the deadline to discuss an alternative.