The following is a list of tasks and assignments that you must complete before our second class meeting on Thursday, Aug. 23.
- Register for an account on this site so you can access and post to the discussion forums.
- Create a Twitter account that contains your real name somewhere in the username or profile and
- make it public,
- post a message containing the course hashtag #ENGL491A, and
- follow myself and all other members of the course.
- You will then regularly monitor the messages using the course hashtag.
- Create a Google Docs account and
- create a collection (what GDocs calls folders; I am likely to frequently refer to these collections as “folders”) for your 491A course work,
- title the collection using the format ENGL491A-F12-[Lastname] (for example, a student named Zaphod Beeblebrox would have folder titled ENGL491A-F12-Beeblebrox), and
- share that collection (not individual documents, the entire collection) with jmj5805 [at] gmail [dot] com.
- When you share the folder with me, be should give me permission to edit documents in the folder. Otherwise I won’t be able to comment on your work.
- Download the Weekly Internship Log from the forms page and then upload it to your GDocs account and add it to your course folder.
- Each week you will copy and paste the log table and fill it out. By the end of the semester, the document should contain a complete week-by-week account of your internship activities.
- The first such log, covering the week of Aug 20-26, is due before 9 a.m., Monday, Aug 27.
- Subsequent logs will be due by 9 a.m. on Monday of each week for the remainder of the semester.
Before 9 a.m., Wednesday, 8/29
Before 9 a.m., Tuesday, 9/4
- Complete your second weekly internship log. Repeat this every Monday by 9 a.m.
- In collaboration with your supervisor, fill out and have your internship supervisor sign your Internship Agreement form. Upload a digital copy of this form to your course folder on GDocs. You should also save a hard copy (containing the signatures) for your records.
- Upload your Expectations Essay to your GDocs folder.
- Follow all the blogs shared in the blog links forum via an RSS reader (Google reader is a good choice). Regularly read and comment on these posts.