Week 1: Introductions

This topic contains 21 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  John Jones 9 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

John Jones
    Keymaster

Introduce yourself to your classmates in a post no shorter than a few sentences but no longer than a couple paragraphs.

jsears3
    Spectator

Hi all, my name is Justin and I am a second year student in the MAC program. I am a graduate student, I graduated from WVU with my BA in English in 2013. I live in town and work for the college as a ticket writer for the parking office. I am engaged and live with my fiance and our pets Oreo and Gizmo. In my free time I like to workout and write.

vmadden
      Spectator

Hi Justin, I saw that you like to write during your free time. What type of genres do you tend to write? I also noticed you are in the MAC Program here. What are you studying and focusing on?

Ashley
    Spectator

My name is Ashley Townsend and this is my first semester at WVU. In previous years I have attended Fairmont State University. Most recently I have been employed by the Raleigh County Public Library in Beckley, WV. I have been married for two years and have two cats.
    What I hope to gain from this course is a better understanding of the most effective ways to communicate electronically with employers and the public at large.

marvarlas
    Spectator

Hi, all! My name is Mary and I am in my senior year here at WVU. I work as a case manager for a surrogacy agency (A.K.A, I help people have babies) in Wheeling, WV. It is a very rewarding career and has acted as a great reminder of how selfless and giving humans can be. When I’m not working or studying, I’m spending time with my husband and two small kiddos.

Approximately 65% of the work I do is online based and highly integrated into different social media platforms so I hope to gain effective ways to communicate not only with individual clients, but to the masses.

mike sopranik
    Spectator

Hi all. I’m Mike Sopranik, enrolled in the RBA program. I operate two businesses- a computer consulting firm (Mac-based) and a Private Investigation firm.
    I’m interested in what I can gain from this course to enhance my business options.

JenM
    Spectator

Hi, everyone. I’m Jennifer Murray. I am working towards an RBA degree and two minors, Professional Writing and Editing and Entertainment Media. I’ve been a freelance legal transcriptionist for the past 12 years. I also dabble a bit in online writing. What I hope to gain from this class is to learn how to hone my writing skills in order to make the online content I currently create better, to master the various tools we’ll be using to create content, and also to more fully understand what it takes to create effective content for various media.

vmadden
    Spectator

Hi everyone, my name is Victoria Alexandra Madden. I am a senior at WVU with a major in English with a concentration of Creative Writing and Professional Writing and Editing as well as a major in History. I am also an author of “The Book of Darkness: The Cora Myers Series”. It it book one of five and has been out since December 2013. I plan to graduate fall of 2015 and hope to go into the field of fact checking with writing more novels as a hobby.

What I hope to get out of this class is to just learn more about Multimedia and gain knowledge of tools I might not have been aware of. I just want a better understanding of things electronically with making websites and knowing different ways of communication.

Chasity Robinson
    Spectator

Hello everyone, my name is Chasity Robinson. I am a junior at WVU in the RBA program. I am emphasizing my degree in Business. I am married with four children, 3 girls and 1 boy ranging in age from 6-15. I work full-time with the WV Dept of Transportation as an Executive Secretary. I hope that this course will provide me with better understanding of the multimedia world of communication.

I enjoy crafting, boating, camping in my spare time. I also coach youth cheerleading.

Tiffany
      Spectator

Hi Chasity! Your intro post caught my eye because my dad worked for DOT for many, many years before retiring in 2012. He was the county administrator in Morgan County where I grew up. Small world! Good luck this semester.

jablosser
    Spectator

My name is Julie Blosser. I am a full-time court reporter for a circuit judge in Monongalia County. I have been a court reporter for ten years, and I’m very lucky to have a career I love. I am currently pursuing my degree in professional writing and editing. I have a three-year-old granddaughter, and I love spending time with her. When I am not working or studying, I enjoy walking my dogs, weight training and yoga.

Tiffany
      Spectator

Hi Julie! It’s always nice to see a familiar name in the class list. We were just retained on three separate cases in Monongalia County, so it’s possible you and I will be in the same courtroom at some point in the future! Good luck this semester.

mike sopranik
      Spectator

Hi Julie,
      I spend a lot of time in Circuit Court, just in KY. Sounds like you have a full plate all the time, as I do. Good luck this semester!

pboyle623
    Spectator

Hello, my name is Patricia Boyle. I am the mother of 3 teenage boys with a new baby on the way in the July. I currently work for a major financial institution in Richmond, VA as a branch manager. At age 42, I am looking forward to finally completing my bachelor’s degree and gaining some great experience along the way!

Tiffany
    Spectator

Hello everyone! My name is Tiffany Testa, and I’m a Senior in the Multidisciplinary Studies program. My areas of study are Professional Writing & Editing, Communication Studies, and History. All three of my minors relate in helpful ways to my current career as a legal assistant, which I’ve been for nearly eight years and truly enjoy. I currently live and work Charleston, WV after spending some time in Baltimore, MD after initially graduating from college the first time around. After graduating this year, I plan to enroll in the Paralegal Studies online Masters program at Duke University to continue my education and increase my marketability. In addition to my current position, I’d also like to teach evening classes at the junior/community college level – there is a great need for instructors with real world experience in my field, and I’m excited about the possibility of providing that for aspiring paralegals. In my spare time, I enjoy yoga, reading, cooking, coaching basketball with my husband, antiquing, music, and traveling the world. Best of luck to everyone this semester!

tarinkovalik
    Spectator

Hello everyone I’m Tarin Kovalik. I’m a senior English major with concentrations in Creative Writing and Professional Writing and Editing. I love to write and am excited to try some new things in this course! I also enjoy working out and cooking.

Kayla Montgomery
    Spectator

Hello, my name is Kayla Montgomery, I was born in Buffalo NY, But Raised in Atlanta Georgia. I’m a broadcast journalism Major and I also am a member of the Woman’s Basketball team here at West Virginia. So the majority of my spare time is spent in the gym.

erheyer
    Spectator

Hello everyone! My name is Erica. I will be graduating from the RBA program this semester with my concentration in Professional Writing and Editing. I currently live in Shepherdstown, WV and I work in Hagerstown, MD as a pastry chef. I am taking this class because I literally know nothing about this kind of writing and I wanted my foundation as a writer to be as diverse as possible. So, anything we learn will be a vast improvement to what I’m already familiar with- which is nothing, haha.
    Aside from cooking, I like to read, crochet, crossfit, watch movie marathons, and sing loudly in the car.

mike sopranik
    Spectator

I’m Mike Sopranik. I’m in my senior year in the RBA program and as a business owner, I look to discover new ways of communicating with my clients and advertising my business through this course.

jablosser
    Spectator

Tiffany, be sure and let me know if you are in Morgantown working. It would be nice to meet you. Being a paralegal is an awesome career! Good luck.

sbloxton
    Spectator

Hello everyone! I’m Shay Bloxton and I am a MDS major with minors in History, Math, and possibly Professional Writing and Editing. I was previously a math major, but due to a cellular immune deficiency I have quite a few health problems and had to switch to online schooling. My goal is to overcome this and graduate in Spring 2016. I would love to go to graduate school to become a Librarian, however, I may end up finding a job working at home.

I am 20 years old, and I am from Summersville, WV. I have two cats, two dogs, one gecko, and a bunch of fish. I live at home with my mother, step-father, and little brother. I’m vegan and I love cooking vegan food, gardening, reading, watching netflix, and doing crafts.

Nice to meet you all and I wish you a great semester!

John Jones
    Keymaster

Everyone,

Thank you for signing up for the course. I’m looking forward to getting to know you all better.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.