Week 3 Discussion Prompt

This topic contains 37 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  erheyer 9 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

John Jones
    Keymaster

Abelson, Ledeen, and Lewis begin their book with seven koans about digital culture. Wikipedia tells us that a koan “is a story, dialogue, question, or statement, which is used in Zen practice to provoke the ‘great doubt’.” For your response to this reading, I would like you to choose just one of their digital koans and explore how it does (or does not) fit this definition. What doubts does it provoke in you? When examining it, does it test any of your assumptions or beliefs about information or technology? More generally, and perhaps most importantly, does it challenge the way you think?

Your response to the prompt is due before 11:59p on 1/27 and your reply to one of your classmates’ posts is due before 11:59p on 1/30.

Tiffany
    Spectator

Koan 1: It’s All Just Bits really caused me to think very hard about the role of digital technology and information, and their importance in our everyday lives. The authors point out early in Chapter 1 that “Computers contain a lot of stuff that isn’t useful today but somebody thinks might someday come in handy.” (B2B, 2). This statement is true on a worldwide level, but can also be easily related to on a personal level. For instance, I still have pretty much every document that I’ve ever drafted in my college career saved on my hard drive just in case I would ever need to refer to them in the future. Realistically, I will probably never come back to them for information, but it’s basically a virtual security blanket for me to hold on to until my college career is completed.

The most striking thing about Koan 1, in my opinion, was the authors’ blunt explanation of the harsh reality our digital information collections – it’s literally all just bits. In the case of Naral and Verizon, the concept of digital information being simplified into “just bits” could have been very useful in helping to determine what is or is not allowed by generalizing the information being shared. As the author says, “[i]n the bits world, there is no difference between a text message and a wireless phone call.” (B2B, 6). However, when explored in terms of personal application, the concept of “just bits” is very different in terms of the feelings elicited by the claim. For example, I’m an avid user of Instagram and Facebook; rather than posting statuses with just words, however, I prefer to share my life with others through photos and short captions that sum up the situation. Instagram has become a huge platform for those who are drawn to the visual mode of communication, and each user carefully curates his or her account to reflect their personalities. Platforms like this allow users to create their own small universe of which they are the center. To then consider that, at the heart of it, all of the images that one holds dear – the photographs and songs that are so important to our own little universe – are merely “being reduced to zeroes and ones” is a stark reminder that we are not, in fact, the center of the universe. (B2B, 2). Or more specifically, we are only the center of our own universe; we’re no different from every other user out there because their data, too, is all just bits. It’s a heavy realization to come to terms with in this sense!

jsears3
    Spectator

Koan 2 – Perfection is Normal (B2B, Loc 351, I have a Kindle copy)
    I found Koan 2 to be the most striking because of the way that it bluntly points out how when compared to the technological powers of computers it seems that we are the flawed counterparts despite being the living being. The Koan challenged me, and caused doubt in it, because how can it be that a being the inherently commits err (such as in the example of transcribing a book B2B, Loc 351, Ch.1), create another “intelligent” source that is error free. The whole thing sounds like a twisted, modern argument for intelligent design to me. However, when reviewing I found that this doesn’t challenge the way I think as much as I believed. Really looking at it, the computer has become the ultimate tool to prevent human err in the same way that a ruler makes sure we cut the right length of paper or a level makes sure things are, well, level. So looking at the computer as a tool rather than a source of intelligence (which it is but not as humans are) then it makes complete sense that we would be prone to err while a computer is not.

mike sopranik
      Spectator

jsears3,
      As computer software continues to develop, especially AI, Artificial Intelligence, computers will eventually become self aware and that can truly have dire consequences such as the Terminator movies were based upon. A Department of Defense contractor is currently developing a terminator type of warrior that is a robot that can operate with minor command structure.
      Although a tool, computers are developing at an exponential rate, unheard of since the Industrial Revolution began. They are becoming smarter, with machines learning to repair themselves and even build new machines.
      The problem that I can see us encountering eventually is that logic and reason are totally separate entities. It may be illogical to have billions of people on the planet using finite resources, while it is reasonable to allow everyone to have the right to exist, even in the face of dwindling resources.
      In this scenario, it could likely that while logic is inherent in computer computations, reason isn’t something that can be programmed into a software program.

jsears3
        Spectator

Solid reasoning sir. The ability to reason is probably the only thing that will separate us from machine if that day ever comes.

Kayla Montgomery
        Spectator

Technology is expanding by the day and so is software. there are new updates to things being made as we speak. I believe that this will eventually be the downfall of our world.

tarinkovalik
      Spectator

jsears3,

I thought this one was interesting as well! Almost scary in a I Robot (the Will Smith movie) sort of way. Humans are flawed and I think that’s whats beautiful about them but I think humans really can’t be directly compared to technology. Humans invented technology and, for the time being, control it. I agree that we should look at computers and technology as mere tools. That is really all they are and ever should be.

marvarlas
      Spectator

I really enjoyed your perspective in this post, specifically in terms of how you view computers a a tool rather than a source of intelligence. The computer provides intelligence, but there are driving factors behind it, and ultimately, those driving factors are us, humans. The computers are only as perfect as the humans creating them.

John Jones
      Keymaster

So looking at the computer as a tool rather than a source of intelligence (which it is but not as humans are) then it makes complete sense that we would be prone to err while a computer is not.

An interesting way of framing this issue.

mike sopranik
    Spectator

I’ll discuss Koan 3: There is Want in the Midst of Plenty. As discussed in the text, search engines have become the first place that people look for information, which appears to date this textbook which was written in 2008.
    As the author states (p. 8), “In the process, appearing prominently in search results has become a matter of life and death for businesses.”
    This statement is very true due to how the big players, such as Google, has monetized SEO (Search Engine Optimization). If you don’t pay, you can help your rankings through proper SEO techniques, but you are pretty much guaranteed higher placement when you pay Google a monthly fee.
    When surveying my customers, I’ve found that people don’t go beyond the second page of listings anymore. If you don’t appear in the first 1-4 spots, the chances of anyone clicking on your website is slim and the further down in the listings, the less chance of a click-through.
    At some point I see rankings in search engines becoming an auction format. The more you’re willing to pay, you’ll be able to buy your placement versus actual content being of value to the potential customer.
    In another statement from the author (p. 9), “If it can’t be found-and found quickly – it’s just as though it doesn’t exist at all.”
    I must agree that the paradox exists in that the more information there is, the less there is. The amount of data on the web has seriously hurt the publishing industry as a whole. Many newspapers have cut jobs and production or have switched to solely online versions due to lack of readership. And in the true nature of a koan, more can indeed mean less. Online articles seem to be limited in a space that should encourage in-depth coverage of a topic and instead seems to be structured in the TV media length segments. This is only true with national media giants such as CNN.com and others. Bloggers can delve into a topic for pages and provide details that aren’t covered by media giants.
    The Koan does make a person evaluate how more can be less. As the web continues to grow, it seems like there is less information- such as data and research information than unlimited sites trying to sell you something related to your search. Academics,in my experience, seem to despise Wikipedia, which many times has newer data on a topic with more branches than the WVU library sources. I feel that both are useful and everything from everywhere MUST be fact checked in the digital age.

jsears3
      Spectator

Mike,

I find your discussion of search engines intriguing partly because my generation for the most part was raised using search engines instead of more traditional sources when we sought out information. While I agree with you on your point that major companies (such as Google as you point out) don’t necessarily provide the best results based on content but rather on who has paid I would have to say that generally moving past the first page is a risky business. Not just in the sense of information but the sites found on the second page more often than not appear to be quite sketchy or contain viruses etc. I see your point that the company who pays gets the most traffic but I would say at the same time those companies have the safest and are the most trustworthy which further increases their traffic as well.

Tiffany
      Spectator

@mike_sopranik I think your analysis of Koan 3 is spot on! Personally, I am guilty of not going past the first few pages when browsing through search engine results. The reason is two-pronged: (1) I’m generally completing a task for which I need an answer ASAP and don’t have time to read through lots of pages and (2) we are so conditioned to have everything at our fingertips in an instant that most of the time I literally don’t have the patience to go through all of the results. If I’m going to really delve into a search, it has to be a topic in which I have a deep interest and plenty of free time. The implementation of the auction system that you discussed is kind of a scary proposition to consider, as we already limit ourselves to accepting the first bit of information presented. Imagine how much less well-informed the world will be if the product of search engines is based on who has enough money to control the content!

marvarlas
    Spectator

Koan 6: Nothing goes away.

Unlike the other koans, I felt that this particular one did not instill a sense of ‘great doubt’ in me. Growing up in an age where I’ve seen pre-computer record keeping and post, there seems to be a clear distinction almost in where my life began, per the internet.

I once watched a documentary called “Track Me if You Can” where a man tries to eradicate himself from all technology which could be used to track someone. Simple things we take for granted such as using debit and credit cards, looking up where there are surveillance cameras, even the way you walk can be traced to you via satellite, are all used to trace our every move. I do not doubt that nothing goes away and I can’t help but feel a sense of big brother. Now, I lead a pretty productive and monotonous life, so there is nothing I feel I need to hide, but it always makes me wonder how much of me is really out there and could it ever be used negatively?

One of my favorite parts of this chapter in B2Bwas “Technology is neither Good nor Bad” because it captures the epitome of what the internet and technology is; a double-edged sword. Information we put out there can help us and/or, be the demise of us; but it will not go away.

JenM
      Spectator

I’ll have to watch that documentary. I lead a rather uneventful life as well, but I try to be a private person and I would like to keep it that way. Unfortunately, I do not think that is possible any longer. Like you, after reading this chapter, I am stuck with the feeling that “Big Brother” is watching, no matter where I go or what I do.

erheyer
      Spectator

@marvarlas I thought your post was really interesting because I just had a conversation on the same subject with my dad the other night. He works in IT at the Pentagon and has a clearance. He was warning me against posting things on Facebook and other social media because they take that into consideration when they background check you for clearances. I am pretty careful now what I post on social media, but when I got Facebook in 2005 or MySpace before that, I wasn’t careful at all. It makes me wonder…we are entering an age where people are less private-children and adults- and I wonder if things like that will change. I wonder if people will look at social media usage and deem things acceptable if they were a certain age, or if posting something when you were a teenager could affect your job prospects when you are 40.

John Jones
        Keymaster

@erheyer, out of curiosity, what sorts of things might a person post to Facebook that would get them denied a security clearance?

Re the latter part of your comment, some privacy theorists have suggested that there will be a kind of anonymity in crowds: as we all post so much information online, we will be hidden by the sheer volume of posts. However, other features of digital communication—like posts not going away—make this less useful, as it is simple for those who want to track us to do so.

erheyer
        Spectator

@johnmjones My dad didn’t name anything specific. But I’m going to assume that people who talk about hating the president, military, etc. or people who make comments of any kind that are unpatriotic would have a questionable status. That and people with sketchy pictures who look like they are wasted 150% of the time. Haha.

sbloxton
    Spectator

The digital koan, Koan 6: Nothing Goes Away, definitely fits in with the definition of koan. Koan 6, certainly is thought provoking; it raises the question of “What exactly happens to the information I put online?”, tells the story of how this information is used and abused, and also makes the statement that nothing we put on the internet, ever goes away. It also offers a dialogue on the ways that the internet users see information.

This section explains what happens to information when it is put online; information, according to the chapter, is duplicated and stored, over and over again. This is something most people don’t think about when they post a facebook or twitter status, and definitely not when they use their debit card. The majority of social media users seem to assume that once something is deleted, it is gone. I feel like this koan of “Nothing Goes Away” really cemented that this belief was false. By showing how companies store, use, and abuse information that the everyday person takes for granted, this koan proves that information we provide digitally, not just on facebook, doesn’t go away either. The information given about rewards cards, certainly made me question whether or not I should actually be using them.

pboyle623
      Spectator

The thought that nothing ever goes away is very compelling, but true especially today in our social media based society. A post on Facebook or twitter is immediately seen by thousands. Even if you delete this immediately, it is still imprinted everywhere and as long as one person has seen it, it will never be forgotten.
      This is an especially hard lesson for the youth of today. I have been working to instill this understanding in my teen sons. I stress the importance of being responsible in every area of your life, because we never know who might be looking. Many schools and employers now check social media before extending offers. Understanding how technology not only helps us each day, but also provides a telling electronic tale of your life.

sbloxton
        Spectator

I think this is definitely something that we need to teach everyone about social media. When I was in high school they were trying to teach us this, but it isn’t quite as relevant until you get into the job force. I know people who are having trouble getting jobs because of what they’ve posted before they even went to college.
        Another thing to mention, is that at WVU if you are caught on camera even near the burning couches (etc), you can get in serious trouble. I think in the University 101 class everyone has to take when they come to WVU, they should have a required using media wisely section.

JenM
      Spectator

Sbloxton,

Yes, the reward card information, which was new to me, certainly made me think. I have about 10 in my wallet and I’m tempted to throw them out. I should have known better than to think that huge corporations wanted to do something nice for little ‘ole me by providing me a discount. It also upsets me to know that if I want to keep my information private, I need to “pay extra” (p. 11).

Ashley
        Spectator

Jen,

As frustrating as it is to know that companies are tracking our data through rewards cards, I’m not sure getting rid of them would do you much good on its own. If you’re purchasing items with a debit/credit card, or really anything besides cash, there will always be another link between the types of items you buy and who you are. Your metrics will be stored in databases somewhere in the company, because even if they don’t have a separate file on you they’ll still be tracking which products are bought at what point in times and at what prices, etc.

And while privacy concerns are DEFINITELY valid, there is some benefit to you as a shopper from these cards. If you shop at Kroger, you probably get their coupons in the mail. How do you think they know which coupons you are likely to use? It’s from the algorithm that analyzes your shopping history. The same thing applies to Amazon. How do they know what suggestions might catch your eye on the front page? It’s based on your browsing/buying habits on the site.

So it’s really a question of this: is the benefit/reward I get for 1)lower prices, 2)personalized shopping incentives like coupons, and 3) having recommendations of items that I really am probably interested in purchasing so readily available worth the trouble that I would go through to protect this data from the corporations? I think the answer is less clear than it might first appear, and probably will be different for each person.

sbloxton
        Spectator

You guys both point out some important things. First, Jen, you mention that it’s frustrating to have to “pay” for privacy. I agree, however, we don’t just have to pay with money, but with convenience as well. As Ashley, mentions they definitely track by anything digital (debit cards, card cards, etc.). The only way to keep all privacy intact, is to go completely off the grid.

Ashley, you also mention that they track on Amazon. Recently, it’s been a big thing about how Facebook using things we search or look at on other websites to customize our advertisements or page suggestions. It’s incredibly hard to be completely anonymous on the internet or even offline with the technology now days.

John Jones
        Keymaster

On the theme of stores sending you coupons, there is this: “How Target Figured Out A Teen Girl Was Pregnant Before Her Father Did”. The stores you shop at know a lot about you.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by  John Jones.

pboyle623
    Spectator

Koan 3 states “There is Want in the Midst of Plenty”. Specifically this speaks about technology and the ability to use outdated sources of information. The lesson provides a telling example of a patient who has to inform a doctor of his medical history because it is not on his electronic medical file. This koan is designed to invoke though on forms of data that are now obsolete.
    This koan can also be applied to the human beings. Many have the idea that they have to keep up their friends and neighbors. Most of society lives paycheck to paycheck, trying to maintain a lifestyle that may or may not be practical. We have to have the best and newest automobiles, the biggest homes, our kids going to the best schools, and wearing the best clothes. Our society has invoked an image of self worth based upon outward appearances. Many who already have so much, still want for more. It appears that more is never enough.
    The end result for society as well as our data appears to be the same. We constantly advance in every area of technology. The cycle is unbreakable because no one will ever have the best of everything and there will constantly be new ways to use, store, and manipulate data.

JenM
    Spectator

I think the authors’ digital koan that fits the definition Wikipedia gives is Koan 6: Nothing Goes Away. It fits the definition, as I understand it, because this koan describes how technology makes it possible for anyone to find out anything about another person, which, to me, is a double-edged sword. While I think it is absolutely wonderful to research and find the information we need from anywhere in the world, instead of having to travel to a library, for instance, or courthouse, etc., this type of accessibility is frightening when it comes to personal privacy, which I am a staunch supporter of.

The authors describe how electronic birth records now contain not only basic information, but intimate details about the mother and the pregnancy and also the Social Security numbers of both parents (p. 11). This means not only do we have our trusted (hopefully) physicians and nurses looking at our most private of information, but regular, everyday people who can access our information and possibly release it for nefarious means.

I love having “the world at my fingertips,” but this is truly frightening, not just from an identity theft standpoint, but just the thought that not only does the government peek into our private lives whenever and however possible, but the guy next door can do it too!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by  JenM. Reason: To add page number

John Jones
      Keymaster

Good points; since this book was written, the behavior you are describing has evolved into a practice called “doxing.”

Ashley
    Spectator

Koan 7 really does make me question several points. It states that “Bits Move Faster Than Thought” (B2B, 12). The authors use this statement to discuss how the world is now more interconnected than ever – it is a simple matter to call someone on the other side of the world now, or to access material created in one country in another. On one hand, this is wonderful. My husband is from Australia, and had we not been able to talk online we wouldn’t have been able to start our relationship. I am also remotely employed, and would have been able to keep my job when I moved if this technology was not available.

On the other hand, it makes jurisdiction and governance very difficult. If I buy an item on sale in England and have it shipped to me, what types of taxes apply? Should I only have to pay local taxes because I purchased it from my home? Or should I have to pay the same taxes I would if I were buying the item in England and shipping it home? If I post an image online with a copyright and someone else in another country where copyright laws are different steals it, have they broken any laws?

John Jones
      Keymaster

Good points. Consider the case of Kim Dotcom, a German living in New Zealand who is facing criminal charges in the U.S. because of a file storage website he used to own that was partially hosted in Europe.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by  John Jones.

jablosser
    Spectator

Koan 6: Nothing Goes Away
    I found this section to be very intriguing. I guess I knew that all of this data was being collected on some level, but I never really stopped to think about it. In the middle of Page 11, the authors write about the simple use of keycards in hotels. I knew they opened the door, but I don’t know that I really thought about the fact that they were keeping track of every time the keycard was used. While I can see where this data could be helpful in the event of a crime, I am thankful that these types of records aren’t easily available to the general public. The fact that these records may be stored indefinitely makes me question what happens if things change and access to these records is made easier. Technology today and the way we use it without giving it much thought really does make me stop and think about my privacy.

The authors also pointed out on the top of Page 11 that because “economic competitiveness drives companies to save everything they collect…”many businesses maintain their records. To me, it’s pretty scary and fascinating at the same time that Wal-Mart, for example, can track what I purchased on a specific date when they are provided with little information. In a murder case recently, the detectives were able to determine someone made a purchase of weights and ropes by the particular items used. They tracked them back to the store, and the store was able to provide a receipt with time stamping which led to video surveillance. This particular example goes to show that you really have little privacy when you purchase things today, even if you pay cash for your goods.

Further down on Page 11, the authors write “the data will all be kept forever unless there are policies to get rid of it.” That concept is overwhelming and I see advantages and disadvantages. If you are researching something, it’s great that things are accessible and with the right power, you will be able to find them. On the flip side, however, once again, I believe our right to privacy may be compromised. Hopefully, there will always be laws in place to protect our privacy and keep the information stored by everyone everywhere in a safe place unless granted the proper authority to access it.

sbloxton
      Spectator

First, you mention that you’re glad the information, such as keycard records, aren’t available to the general public. I agree, but in this day and age with technology, things aren’t as secure as they would like us to believe. People are becoming more adept at hacking, while security isn’t advancing fast enough. I think this comes down to the statement you later mention from the author about needing policies to delete data. I think that not only do we need to have policies on storage and deletion of information, but also policies on technological crimes. The law hasn’t quite caught up to the technological age, when it sorely needs to. For example, they mention earlier in the chapter, the Verizon and Naral case. I believe this kind of case is the least of our worries. In general, much more heinous crimes can be committed online, but the law has no policies to stop them.

Chasity Robinson
    Spectator

The role of digital technology in our lives is something I take for granted. However, the importance of these things and their impact cannot be taken in jest. As I read about Koan 1, it all just bits this was a bit of a revelation. AS I assume most do, our computers, smartphones and other devices have become a way of life. I watch movies, listen to music and view my photographs. I assume that these things are relevant to the device as they are to me. Not that I mean the device places the same level of importance I do but, that the device knows what media it is presenting. This reality that this is not the case is eye opening. However, to answer the question, I believe this is definitely a definition of a Koan, This reality of how information is processed by the devices I depend on has challenged the way I look at these devices, and the materials I have on them.

jablosser
      Spectator

The issues covered in this koan were interesting in that we do process data and media in different ways based on how they are presented to us. Like you said, most of us have adapted the way we do thing based on the devices we have. An example that I still struggle with are e-books and online textbooks. I have difficulty retaining something I read on a screen versus an actual piece of paper. Oftentimes, I still print things off even though it is more convenient to have them readily available on my device.

vmadden
    Spectator

Koan 4—Processing its Power (page 8)

The one thing I found interesting about Koan 4 is that “since 2001, processor speed has not followed Moore’s Law; in face, processors have hardly grown faster at all” (8). I have heard about the Moore’s Law before I read about it in chapter one. Gordon Moore observed that the density of integrated circuits seemed to double every couple of years. This is not the case anymore. There is more of a rapid increase compared to at least a three decades of increase. With how fast technology is growing it will get to the costumers quicker. Now we have face and voice recognition and new inventions have been formed. This is an intelligent source and so intelligent that everything is faster and quicker within days and months. In 1940, a computer could perform about five operations per second and over 70 years later, “the fastest today can perform about a trillion now”. A trillion. I did not realize this until I read this chapter. This makes me think about how every day we seem to move in a faster pace and move in a faster pace with technology.

tarinkovalik
    Spectator

Koan 5: More of the Same Can Be a Whole New Thing did not provoke great doubts in me. This topic reassured many of the thoughts I already had about technology. When something grows it seems as if its staying the same. But in reality i’s changing as it grows. Exponential growth is something we experience everyday. We are changing, aging with every second. It may not be noticeable right now but overtime there will be significant differences. Noticing small changes can be difficult but those small changes are what will make the most drastic changes. Technology is constantly changing and we are always fighting to buy the newest things out there. Information technology itself is always changing. I just recently bought an Apple TV and it was shocking to me that it connects to WiFi and not something else. So, then I had to rethink my router because it’s rather old and I didn’t know if it could support my Apple TV. Technology is always changing and advancing even in the slightest ways.

The thought of exponential growth does challenge the way I think. It makes me want to notice things and be more alert. It also challenges me to watch the little changes happening in the world that could become something huge. It’s scary and real.

vmadden
      Spectator

Hey Tarin,

I found Koan 5 to be interesting and I completely agree with you. When you have something like technology, people always think they have something and it will never change. However, there is that one thing that will change it to be better. That is why we already have an iPhone6. Everything is constantly emerging and with things growing, I always ask myself what will happen if one day this growth just stops and everything crashes? We are so used to having everything new given to us that we start to forget about the small things. They could change into something bigger just like you said in your post, but sometimes those small things will stay small. Everything is being out dated before it’s even on the shelves. It is always challenging the way we think. To me, it seems like the technology is making it easier for everyone and then I think back to the question about everything crashes? What would be left? There is a fight out there that everyone needs the newest thing. Ever since I went to England, I notice the small things for not having this growing technology and thought I wasn’t always up to speed on things. Technology is a distraction and it will continue to be one every time something new comes out and grows more. We rely on technology, so much that they way we think is changing as well.

erheyer
    Spectator

“Koan 2: Perfection is Normal” was really interesting when I thought about it. I remember being in middle school and rushing to my stereo when my new favorite song came on so that I could hit the “record” button. I had to have the cassette take queued up and ready to go. A few years later, in high school, downloading music was the thing to do. I thought nothing of getting on Limewire and downloading my favorite songs—the only issue then was maybe the quality wasn’t great, or there was also the risk you were downloading a virus that was about to wreck your whole world. But then intellectual property laws came to be and the whole Napster law suite happened…and I never REALLY thought about it. I always figured it was about the artists not being able to make money, but I never heard of people getting in trouble for taping things off the radio. It’s interesting that the copies are exact now. But taking it one step further…what about people who “give you their bits?” One of my favorite new artists puts his new albums on his website for free for his fans to download. Is this him not having less bits just because he gave some away?

vmadden
      Spectator

What I got out of Koan 2: Perfection is Normal is that computers and networks are not perfect. There is always a glitch. Like it states, “when books were laboriously transcribed by hand, errors crept in with every copy” (6). There are still mistakes today and we see that all the time. Especially with it being on the computer; people are typing more and we all believe that whatever the document says is correct we use. However, we have so many different types of words that are similar that we just assume. There comes an extent to how perfect something really is when it comes to technology. It does not do everything for us. We still have to go back and make sure it is almost 100% accurate if not, all. With this, there is that bit in the networks that pass from one place to another. You mention about copies and even the book does. Today, it is easier to make the copies of songs, or whatever you need, then it was when all we had where audio tapes.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.