Syllabus Question

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  John Jones 9 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

sbloxton
    Spectator

Hello, I have a few questions about the syllabus.

First, for the hangouts, how will the groups be determined?

Second, what are the specific things we need to download and get accounts for in this class? I know that there are some under the digital requirements, but I am slightly confused and have a bunch of specific questions. Are Google plus and Google drive separate? Are there any other accounts we will need that are not listed? Do any of these accounts cost money? Which do you recommend, Dropbox or SpiderOak?

Third, I have no experience with video editing or recording. Will the required texts guide us, or should I purchase another book for this purpose?

I am a little over whelmed by the syllabus and I am sure I will have more questions as the course goes on. Would it be best to email you, use office hours, or post here again when I have these questions?

Thank you,
    Shay Bloxton

John Jones
    Keymaster

First, for the hangouts, how will the groups be determined?

I’m not 100% sure yet, but probably by some mixture of skill level and schedule availability. I will share some surveys about your availability soon and use those to help set up groups for the first project.

what are the specific things we need to download and get accounts for in this class?

Your best guide to answering these questions are the details pages here and here.

Are Google plus and Google drive separate?

Yes, but if you have any kind of Google account—gmail, etc.—it is very easy to set up these accounts as well.

Are there any other accounts we will need that are not listed?

Not at the moment. If the need arises for something else, I will let you know.

Do any of these accounts cost money?

Not for our purposes, but many of them allow you to pay something for more features.

Which do you recommend, Dropbox or SpiderOak?

Dropbox for ease of use, SpiderOak for security. I use both.

I have no experience with video editing or recording. Will the required texts guide us, or should I purchase another book for this purpose?

I will provide you with introductory readings for this purpose. You are not required to buy anything else, but you can if you feel that would help you.

I am a little over whelmed by the syllabus and I am sure I will have more questions as the course goes on. Would it be best to email you, use office hours, or post here again when I have these questions?

The first week of class can be like that, but it will pass. Feel free to contact me in any way that you think would be appropriate to the question or is convenient to you.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by  John Jones.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.